Tuesday, December 16, 2008

the surprises continue...

So, just when I thought my birthday couldn't get any better, it hecka did.

I had a great breakfast with Sarah this morning, complete with the most delicious apricot-peach-pear smoothie I've ever had. Nevermind it's the only one I've ever had, but it was still amazing. Amazing enough to blog about, so you KNOW it was good.

Then I went to Moms Group and enjoyed a chance to chat with my gal pals. And I think I walked away with the silliest holiday socks from our sock exchange. Maybe they'll have to make a repeat appearance next year...

So after leaving Rebecca's, I came home to a smiling husband and smiling son. Always a good thing. Marty was all geared up to watch "The Today Show", since Candace had mentioned that she was standing in the audience behind where they were shooting in New York this morning. Sure enough, there was my best bud, wearing my scarf and gloves and holding a sign that said "Happy 24th Birthday, Becky!" So I was actually wished a happy birthday on national television. Not a lot of people can say that! I felt so special.

Spent the afternoon being lazy around the house with my boys, complete with family nap-time and a mailbox full of really fun birthday cards and Christmas pictures.

Then after enjoying dinner with my hubby at Red Robin (thanks, Emily, for watching little Marty), we stopped by Target so I could spend the gift card my mother-in-law sent. I picked out a gorgeous new winter coat that I've been needing. It's one that will actually keep me warm and look stylish all at the same time!

So new coat in hand, we drove to Brent VanAuken's house for what I thought was just a Christmas party with friends. When I walked in, there were balloons and cupcakes and presents and friends yelling, "SURPRISE!" Seriously, I nearly cried. I feel so blessed to be so loved. Thank you Rachel, Brent and Kristena for throwing together a great party, and thanks Meghan and Jeremy, Pearcia and Eric, Patrick and Bethany, Billy and Heather, Jamie and Matt, and Amy for being there to support and celebrate me.

And we ended the night with a precious card and gift from each of my boys. My Martys.

I really do think this ended up being the best birthday ever.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I'm sorry that we weren't able to make it to your party last night! It was our last night of crazy meetings and small group for the year. :( I hope we will be able to make it next year!
I'm glad you had such a great birthday and that's so cool that Candace held up that sign!!!

Pearcia LaPointe said...

Happy to be one of your friends! We had a great time last night. Looking forward to more fun nights ahead!

Alyssa said...

SO So so glad your day was great, you deserve an awesome day!
Thanks for always being so sincere and caring about what is going on in other peoples lives. I have so loved getting to know you this past year, can't wait to see what God brings this year!

Candace said...

How cool that they threw a party for you! What a great day, start to finish. You deserved a good solid day of people telling you that you are special!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday. Im so happy for you. And happy late birthday!

Juliette said...

You birthday sounds so special - It'll definitely be hard to top that in the coming years :)

Amy said...

I was so glad to be able to share in your special day. I had a wonderful time. Looking forward to a play date with you and Marty over my Christmas break.