Sunday, November 30, 2008

D'OH!!

Happiness is NOT...

...grabbing a quick latte from Dutch Bros, specifically asking for decaf, and winding up awake at 4:30am because for some odd reason you just can't sleep.

The rest of my family, cat included, is sleeping peacefully, thereby ensuring their contentedness in the morning. I, on the other hand, promise to be a pill when my alarm goes off in just a few short hours. I'll likely hit the snooze button nine times and have to show up at church with oily, pony-tailed hair again.

At least I made my insomniac-ish self useful. Our Christmas newsletter is written, pictures printed, witty quips giggled over. One project I can partially cross off my extensive to-do list.

Perhaps I should add "never go to Dutch Bros after 7pm, whether or not you order decaf" to that list.

7 comments:

Moseley said...

I'm so sorry honey. hahahahahahahahaha you are super funny though

Anonymous said...

You're so cute and funny, Becky! I enjoy readying your witty blogs.

Bonnie Janelle said...

Sorry you went through that the other night...just wanted to say I love your new pictures on the side - you look really good in that one of you and Marty (I know you're being silly, but you do look incredible) and that one of baby Marty is really cute. Thanks again for sharing tid bits from your lives.

Heather said...

You are so funny Bek! I admire you for using your time so well! I probably would have been too mad to see straight. Ha! I hope things are starting to slow down for you though. I never did hear your story about what happened after we met... this week perhaps? :)

Candace said...

Okay, SHUT UP!! I LOVE that picture of us in front of the maze! How have I not seen that yet?!

Annie said...

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a caffeineted latte when I requested decaf!! I can't drink caffeine after 3pm if I'm going to sleep at all that night. I feel like all baristas are out to get me:). Hope you've recuperated fully!

Mother Hood said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for your comment. It was so nice to chat with your mom-in-law! I'm excited about her upcoming book. I've already told my MIL about it!