Saturday, November 29, 2008

one thing I'm thankful for...

My son now knows the word "tattoo".

I swear, it's the cutest thing. He got a little rub-on tattoo in his Happy Meal that Pops (his grandpa) bought for him during their outing together this week. So Daddy helped him put it on his fat little arm, and taught him to say "tattoo". Except he says "TAT-toooooooooo!!"

Funny--it's the first word that he's ever pronounced correctly. Everything else is "guck" or "pawk" or "la-bobt". I'm beginning to wonder if this whole tattoo fascination is a sign of things to come.

I can just picture him eighteen years from now, coming home, pointing to his arm and saying, "Look, Mom. I got a TAT-toooooooooo!!"

I think I'll curl into a ball and cry.

2 comments:

Moseley said...

I won't cry. I will be so pumped. Maybe I'll take him......

Amy said...

I remember when Bailee found my tatoo on my back and tried to wash it off. I love fake tatoos, but don't regret the real ones I have. I do know that my parents were mortified when they found out. I wonder if Bailee will ds the same?