Thursday, March 5, 2009

Madness #21--"Wake up, sleepy-head!"

My three all-time favorite ways to be woken up?

1. Having Legos thrown at me.
2. Getting my face slapped by a tiny little hand, while "MA!!" is yelled right in my ear.
3. Hearing the word "poop" being whispered in the other room, steadily getting louder and louder until I go in and find someone standing in his crib desperately trying to un-Velcro his very messy diaper.

Whoever said being a mom wasn't absolutely crazy is absolutely crazy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA. I could picture little Marty doing that. CUTE! Though I would be slightly annoyed, but maybe it's because I am not a Mom yet... how can a mom find her cute baby annoying!?

Pearcia LaPointe said...

Thanks for dinner the other night. I'm not nearly as put together as you to get a thank you card in the mail, so I thought this might work. We had a blast that night. Elliot was so sweet that night when we got home. I was rocking him and singing (as has become our nightly ritual) and he kept interrupting me with "Mommie, Mauty sad. Baby sad." He was so worried about him, I thought it was super cute! Anyways, next time it will be at our place to Coke Potroast! Let us know when you are free!

Hannah Palm said...

best way to wake up #4- while comfortably sleeping on the floor of your sister's townhouse, have a baby bottom plop down right on your face after the baby belonging to that bottom (cough cough momo) tripped on your blanket in the attempt to get another toy.

elle said...

at least your hand hitting you awake didn't have a hammer in it. Note to self, store those things higher up...