Thursday, March 20, 2008

dinner disappointments

Why is it that I can't freakin' get dinner on the table at a decent time? Insert picture of my empty dining room table here:

This past week we had friends over for dinner on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And each of those days, I took the time to think through what we'd be serving so I'd know if a last-minute trip to Safeway was required. I even went so far as to put all the dinner components on the kitchen counter for easy access.

And yet, each of those three nights, I was still super embarrassed at how late dinner was put on the table! What is my problem? Our poor guests were probably sitting there starving as I slaved away in the kitchen, wondering why on earth I didn't start making dinner hours earlier.

Maybe it's because I haven't been feeling well lately. Or maybe it's because I don't want to shove food at people the second they walk through our front door. Maybe it's because I get distracted easily, and would rather spend my time socializing than cooking. Or maybe it's just because I'm lazy and suck at time management when it comes to the culinary arts (although I'm not very good at the culinary arts anyway).

I guess my warning to those of you who frequent the Moseley household is to eat a little snack before you come over. It may be a couple hours before the asparagus is served...

Hmmm. Maybe THAT's why our guests tonight had already had a protein shake and piece of pizza prior to their arrival. My reputation precedes me.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Oh my gosh. Don't even feel bad! My average dinner time is usually about 7:45ish.