Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"One Day More"

Today was a good day.

Now, my Crohn's Disease has been flaring up like crazy and making ME crazy. I just haven't felt like myself for the past couple months. I miss the Becky that dances around the house belting out showtunes just because it's fun. And the Becky that can walk three miles to go visit Marty at work just to brighten his day.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm on my way. Like I said, today was a good day. And even though I only made a little bit of progress, I'll take all the progress I can get. Because it means I'm one day closer to myself...

See, I was able to get out of bed this morning within just a couple minutes of waking up, though most mornings find me laying there trying to muster up the strength to stand. I consider it a blessing that I was able to take my son to the park and play with him on the swings. I actually had the energy to clean my room, which has sat untouched for weeks. I got a couple loads of laundry done. I managed to get through the day with just one fifteen minute nap, instead of sleeping for hours on end like I usually have to. I was strong enough to take out the trash all by myself. I gave my son a bath and a haircut. I was able to eat a cheeseburger for dinner without having any digestive problems.

And the kicker? When I talked to my mom on the phone today, she told me I'm really starting to sound like myself again. Now, maybe she just said that because she's my mom and she has to say stuff like that, but it made me smile.

I better start brushing up on those "Les Mis" lyrics...

3 comments:

Candace said...

I love to hear that you are doing good. I still can't wait to hear those show tunes I've been hearing so much about!

the lains said...

hello becky...my lil'brother has Crohn's as well...our prayers are with you!


PS-
Tell Marty the climbing wall is looking great.

the lains said...

We just realized that you might not know who we are....www.thelains.blogspot.com