Thursday, June 26, 2008

Madness #14--playdates

Little did I realize that sleepovers aren't just for kids. I guess I kind of assumed that once Mommy-hood hit, I'd wave goodbye to the occasional fun ME time.

But no. Last night some friends spent the night because all the fire smoke prevented them from turning on their swamp cooler or opening windows. And their house had become it's own Easy-Bake Oven.

So we thought we'd share our central air. Let the fun begin. We made our own vanilla cokes by pouring vanilla extract into our sodas, we watched Marty sing his heart out in an old home video, we laughed at my husband saying "I'm always the balls", we named our new business venture Dee-Dods, we prayed healing over my son's fever and watched the Lord remove it completely, we ate three boxes of mac n' cheese, we made a paper bag hand puppet and had it watch Marty do the dishes, and all this with a couple strawberry margaritas in our bellys.

Who says adults can't be teenagers all over again? I feel like I need to go put in my retainer and french braid someone's hair.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Dude. Sounds like so much fun!! I think Marty's hair in a french braid would be awesome.