Monday, June 30, 2008

Madness #16--my own dairy farm

So, making yogurt is easier than I realized.

Just follow these simple directions for your own tasty deliciousness:

Step 1: Fill your child's favorite sippy cup with whole milk.
Step 2: Watch as he inevitably drops it.
Step 3: Watch as it inevitably rolls under your furniture and ends up in a hard-to-reach place.
Step 4: Think to yourself, "I'll get it later".
Step 5: Wait a couple days.
Step 6: Do the dishes and wonder where that missing sippy cup ran off to.
Step 7: Invite friends over and watch their noses scrunch up in response to a sickening smell that you haven't realized is taking over your house.
Step 8: Put two and two together.
Step 9: Get on your hands and knees to retrieve the science experiment growing under your couch.
Step 10: Unscrew the sippy cup lid and try not to vomit.
Step 11: Voila! Your very own, home-grown yogurt.

Lucerne would be so proud.

6 comments:

Bonnie Janelle said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha........that's too funny...I wish I could have seen exactly what that science experiment looked like =)

elle said...

Been there, found that! The worst is apple juice, and discovering that apple juice smells like a really bad beer after acouple days.

Candace said...

OMG! So hilarious. I love that I've been finding random cheerios under my furniture. I wonder what that will turn into.

Rosetta Borgic said...

I almost gagged reading this. I can't wait.... yeah right. I am sure there will be all sorts of disgusting things lurking under my couch soon.
PS - I didn't get to talk with you after church, but you looked AMAZING. You are one hot mamma!

Mimi Moseley said...

Well, Beck, you ALMOST had it. You only had 11 steps of a 12 step program. The first step, that you missed, is to admit you have a problem. LOL

Erica said...

I can't tell you how many times I have done this. Only after three kids you have acquired so many sippy cups that you can be working on two or three yogurts without even knowing it. I guess having one in every room helps you stay prepared.