Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Stirring's dinner ministry

So, friends, in Leah's absence, I've taken over organizing dinners for The Stirring attendees that need a little culinary relief. Whether someone's just had a baby and dinner needs to be the last thing on their mind, or someone's just undergone surgery and can't really get up and make dinner for themselves, our little ministry seeks to bless via frozen lasagnas and Ceasar salad in a bag.

Usually I send out emails letting people know about our current family member in need, and I've already sent the usual "Hello, it's me again" to those of you in my address book regarding our latest "dinner mission". But if, for some reason, I don't have your contact info, and you'd like to be a part of what we do, just leave a little comment with your email address and I'll punch you in.

And even if making dinner isn't your thing, driving In-N-Out over to someone's house counts, too. Trust me, when you're desperate for help, nothing tastes better than food you didn't have to prepare! Let's keep those blessings flowing...

2 comments:

Emily Branca said...

AMEN TO THAT!! You are such a blessing to me, you have no idea. Becky, you are amazing!

P.S. my surgery went really well, and I'm feeling great.

Erica said...

That is so true. I think some people think that if they can't cook they can't be a part. But I would love In-and Out. Well said!