Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a child of the 70's

So, you know how everyone has those adorable new wide-leg pants?

I've been wanting to get myself a pair. Sarah approved the look on me, so from that first moment she said, "Yeah, you could pull that off", I've been convinced I need some. Candace looks fantastic in them, and she's tall like me, so I figured they'd work on my super long legs. And Anna wore a "real" designer pair on Sunday that flattered her smaller frame, so I decided they'd look alright on my skinny twig legs, too.

So when my son gave me a shirt on Mothers Day that didn't really work, I set out to exchange it for the wide-leg pants I've been wanting. You should have seen me wandering aimlessly through Macy's, pushing the baby in his bright green umbrella stroller with a dozen pairs of jeans hanging off the back, dragging on the floor. I was determined to find the right pair even if it took me all day. But after about an hour, Marty started getting anxious, so I took him into the dressing room to try everything on. Funny how some of the super-flared jeans look wide-leg-ish. Ew.

A couple whines and several tears later (not to mention my fussy son), I found the perfect pair. They're comfortable, and a size smaller than I thought I'd need, and plenty long. And I only spent twenty bucks! Yeah, they're a cheap knock-off brand, but they're MY cheap knock-off pants. I'm so proud.

But when I got home and modeled them for my husband, after gushing about how good my butt looks in them, he said, "Wow. Who knew that bell bottoms would come back in style?" Okay. Not really what I was looking for in the line of compliments.

So disco diva or not, at least I'll be smokin' hot. Groovy.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I can't wait to see them either. Sounds fun!

sarah said...

Girl...your butt looked awesome! You looked like a tall glass of water. Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, what I said was..."I cant wait to take those off of you"-Your husband