Monday, May 26, 2008

movin' on up

So, our Pecauts moved last Friday. From their tiny apartment into an adorable house, complete with a huge backyard, their own garage, and a kitchen any chef would be jealous of.

The day started off on a rather small note--just Candace, Bobby and I were trying to load the moving truck ourselves. And I am NOT strong. So the tiny boxes were left for me to carry, while the Pecauts reached gladiator status by lifting some pretty crazy stuff. I did try to help with the couch, though, so I wasn't entirely un-helpful. Although as we were approaching the moving truck ramp, Candace and I, who were carrying the back end, realized that we wouldn't both fit on the ramp. We tried, but ended up getting pretty close and personal before Candace dropped her side of the upholstered beast. Trying to pick it back up was pretty rough, and I ended up carrying my side in crouched over like a Notre Dame hunchback. Poor Bobby was not real enthused.

But amidst our pained efforts, we were able to take some time to just goof off and be silly like us Pecauts and Moseleys love to do. Enter curly wig and tricycle.


After a while, my sister Grace was able to join us, so having another person made a huge difference. Little Marty and Mr. Caeden got to play in a nearly empty living room, crawling around and picking up anything they could find from off the carpet. Pine Sol fumes aren't dangerous to infants, right? The swing out front got some use, too, and it was fun to load things into the truck and get to pass the babies on our way in and out. We were trying to see if we could get them to laugh just by making super-weird faces. I think Bobby's impression of my son takes the cake. It's borderline creepy. But the kids love it.


Eventually the moving truck and the Moseley F150 were brimming, so we headed over to the new pad to start unloading. Marty was able to join us after he got off of work, so his huge muscles were certainly appreciated. After Grace left, Candace and I stayed inside, unpacking boxes and stocking the plethora of kitchen cabinets while our hubbies brought things in.

Dinner was then bought and served--some delish taquitos and cheese-less nachos--and we enjoyed some time to sit and relax in front of some classic "Office" episodes. I think we just might have to have our own Duwali party this year. With awkward proposals and s'mores and everything. "Marshmallows, chocolate, and a little graham cracker. How hard can it be?"

For dessert, Bobby's famous margaritas were downed. We couldn't find the blender, so we went on-the-rocks status, but they were fantastic. The boys got tipsy while the girls looked on and laughed our pants off. No, literally, I nearly peed all over myself. Olive oil.

I really never knew that moving could be so much fun. Maybe it was the tricycle, maybe the porch swing. Though I'd imagine the margaritas made all the difference. O-ley!

No comments: