Monday, April 7, 2008

my miniature knight

Sometimes life comes at you like a ton of bricks.

Last night, I had some verbal diarrhea barfed in my direction. And it came from a really unlikely source. A girlfriend that I've known for years. Kind of turned my world upside-down. I found myself feeling like a certain level of trust that had been built up came crashing down, and I began to close off a little part of me. Retreat back into my shell a bit.

But in the midst of some pretty salty tears and those gut-wrenching sobs that make you wish you cried as nicely as all those Hollywood stars do, I couldn't help but smile--my son gave me a hug.

Somehow he knew that what I needed most at that moment was to feel valuable to someone. Worth something to someone. And as his little fat arms wrapped around me, I knew in that moment that no matter where life takes me, and no matter how many hills and valleys my relationships go through, I'll always have a certain little man on my side.

Gosh, I love being a mom. That tiny ray of sunshine is enough to push away even the darkest rain cloud.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Oh, Becky. I'm so sorry that happened. That is no fun at all. I'm glad little Marty could be there for you for a little squeeze and lots of love.

Anonymous said...

He will always defend you and someday would be willing to die for you. It is amazing that is how God made men. I love my little man too. I feel so privileged to be a part of his life.

Bonnie Janelle said...

I'm sorry you had to go through...I've had to go through that with a people I thought were friends too, so I totally understand the feelings that go along with a fall out (momentary, short term, and long term). Although I've never met Marty, I can totally picture his sweet little face smiling at you and giving you the biggest hug possible...such a precious picture. Feel better!

Alyssa said...

I love when their little hearts are revealed at a time when you need it most, what a joy to be a mom, hope your week gets better!