Friday, April 11, 2008

"Red nines, accordians, and Satan--oh my!"

I love my family. We are all super weird and nerdy and loud, but I just love my family.

I'm here in San Jose, staying at my parents' house as we enjoy a long weekend of time together, with my aunt and two cousins visiting from Michigan. And so far it's been a blast. We've played cards and screamed over who put the red nine on the yellow eight, we've given each other crazy gifts that evoked laughter and accordian-playing, we've had a birthday party complete with hot pink cheetah-print goodie bags, and we've all piled in the van to go check out the Satan puppet at the local Christian book store. And tonight my in-laws are coming over for tacos.

Now for those that weren't born into this madness, our quirks certainly raise eyebrows. My husband has had a few freak-out moments of his own, as I know we can all be overwhelming at times.

But to me, this is normal. I just shrug and say, "That's so us!"

Hooray for the Palms.

4 comments:

Bonnie Janelle said...

This has nothing to do with your hillarious blog, but I enjoyed it...could you give me a brief tutorial in how you got "buddies" and how you added multiple pictures and how you put pictures in your blog? I like this blog format but I'm still having difficulties and you seem to have mastered it =) Thanks Becky!

Erica said...

Sounds like home to me. Now between me and my sister there are 5 grandkids. I love it but Nate does get a little overwhelmed at times as well.

Candace said...

Sounds like crazy good times! We miss you guys though. So don't have so much fun that you don't come back! Say hi to the fam!

Candace said...

P.S. Yes, that is the picture of him when he was excited to be standing! Soo cute.