Tuesday, April 22, 2008

prelude to some "Mommy Madness"

So, a bunch of my fellow bloggers have these themes that they blog about. Erica has her "Things That Make Nathan Do His Viking Growl", Anna has her "Confessions of a Neat Freak". I've been wondering what I could possibly lend to the blogging world when it hit me like a splash of pee while changing my son's diaper.

I'm a mom. And every day I discover things that I never knew to expect about motherhood. Things that most moms don't talk about, or even really address. Not that there's an ugly side to being a mom--there's just a surprising side that's changed me in so many ways. But for moms like me that have a pretty good sense of humor, these surprises lend countless hours of entertainment more than anything else. So I thought I'd try to elicit a giggle or two and share my little discoveries as I...um...discover them.

So journey with me as I share each "Mommy Madness". I promise I'll make you laugh and will provide plenty of embarrassing stories about my son. And about myself, I guess.

After all, when you become a mom, all sense of what is polite and proper and decent pretty much goes out the window. You kind of have to get over yourself and buckle in for the ride of your life.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Very much looking forward to this!